Hi Gang,

LOTS of greeblies arrived over the weekend!  Enjoy!

More to Follow!

The Steamfest at Lowe Mill Show in Huntsville, AL

Hi Gang,

Mind Gear Labs was nice enough to let us piggyback and attend the Steamfest at Lowe Mill show right here in Huntsville, AL.  We only had a few days to get things together but it was a great turnout.  We had a great time promoting the project, meeting and greeting and making new friends…

Pre-show prep

There was significant battle damage to the console after Steamfest.  Many loose and broken wires, cracks and breaks to greeblies…  Worst was when the speakers popped…  UGH…  All fixable but still frustrating…

More to Follow!

TEDx Nashville Recap, Part III

Hello all;

First off, let me introduce myself.  My name is Jake, and I’m one of the people working on the electronics for the Full Scale Falcon project.  I have also dubbed myself the staff rank amateur photographer.

During TEDx Nashville, I set myself up taking pictures of everyone enjoying our hard work.  Greg has already posted some of the pictures that I took, but here’s a few more.


I’m still working on pictures; cleaning them up, resizing them, etc.

Now that we’re done with TEDx, its time to get to work on the rest of the cockpit.  Stay tuned for more things to come!



The Quad v.2 (.5?)

Sorry I haven’t gotten much updated on the quad lately.  I’ve been away from shop space, and have been wrestling with a weighty conundrum- literally.  I did get a sheet metal housing built for around the motor inside the frame, but I am getting VERY concerned with how heavy the structure is getting.  It is currently sitting at 42 pounds, without pistons, motor, the side walls, and any of the PVC body of the guns themselves.  I’m starting to consider using what I have as a prototype and starting over with aluminum, at least for the bulk of what I have already built.

The pros:  lighter, easier to drill holes in

The cons:  more expensive, I’ve never welded aluminum

Ultimately, I think the pros outweigh (sorry for word choice there) the cons.

There’s just the terror factor of the “new” I’m facing.  (Get over it, Scot)

Sheet metal motor housing.  covers the top and bottom faces of the framework

Sheet metal motor housing. covers the top and bottom faces of the framework



To get a sense of where the barrels will sit, and how much of a surface is getting added to the “in between” area


The first barrel, cut and notched to fit around the frame and pillow block, with the other three ready for the saw.



The four barrel bodies loosely in place.


Painted Seats, Swing Arms and a Nav Screen

Hi Gang,

Lots of little updates!

I took a few minutes to paint the cockpit chairs to match the original color until we upholster them.  I love the way the tan plays against the cockpit greys.  If planned, it was a genius move by the original designers.

I came home to this waiting for me by the front door!  These are the swing-away arms for the seats.  Daniel and I will be welding a mount/bracket

I then chatted with Scott (our newest member) who was able to get his hands on a mini CRT.  This will be used for the nav screen for the new upcoming console!


More to come this weekend.  Stand By!

Our New Home, Yokes and Some Panel Lights

Hi Gang,

Work continues on the project but the best news… we finally have a new home at Mind Gear Lab!  Enjoy

Work continues on the Yokes

Jessie and I finished up the panel light clear acrylic donuts

The team is meeting in the next few days to discuss how we’re moving forward.  We have several shows coming up in the next few months…  It’s gonna be a great year!

More to Follow!