Nav Chairs, Levers and a Vacuform Machine!

Hi Gang,

Work continues on several elements of the cockpit to include the nav chair, levers and vacuformed access panels!

Mike then set up the CNC to cut these new aluminum lever handles.  They make such a difference.  No more worrying about little hands grabbing and snapping the acrylic

Daniel and I spent a night at the local Maker club where we vacuformed these access panels.  They are found on the 15″ extensions panels of the ESB cockpit.  They make a HUGE difference.

The Yuri Show at The Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL

Hi Gang,

I apologize for the lack of updates – things have been hectic!  We had a last minute invite to the Yuri Show at the Space and Rocket Center right here in Huntsville, AL just this Saturday night (Apr 19).  The team banded together and scrambled to get everything set up and ready to go by 6:00.  The show lasted until 2:00am.  We met some amazing people and established some GREAT contacts!


We’ve been plugging away on the nav chairs and even had a few things vacuformed – PICS COMING TONIGHT!

Kudo’s to Philip for taking some amazing images!  We’ll be doing a photo shoot with the quad this week.

Stay Tuned!


Hi Gang,

LOTS of greeblies arrived over the weekend!  Enjoy!

More to Follow!

The Steamfest at Lowe Mill Show in Huntsville, AL

Hi Gang,

Mind Gear Labs was nice enough to let us piggyback and attend the Steamfest at Lowe Mill show right here in Huntsville, AL.  We only had a few days to get things together but it was a great turnout.  We had a great time promoting the project, meeting and greeting and making new friends…

Pre-show prep

There was significant battle damage to the console after Steamfest.  Many loose and broken wires, cracks and breaks to greeblies…  Worst was when the speakers popped…  UGH…  All fixable but still frustrating…

More to Follow!

TEDx Nashville Recap, Part III

Hello all;

First off, let me introduce myself.  My name is Jake, and I’m one of the people working on the electronics for the Full Scale Falcon project.  I have also dubbed myself the staff rank amateur photographer.

During TEDx Nashville, I set myself up taking pictures of everyone enjoying our hard work.  Greg has already posted some of the pictures that I took, but here’s a few more.


I’m still working on pictures; cleaning them up, resizing them, etc.

Now that we’re done with TEDx, its time to get to work on the rest of the cockpit.  Stay tuned for more things to come!



Painted Seats, Swing Arms and a Nav Screen

Hi Gang,

Lots of little updates!

I took a few minutes to paint the cockpit chairs to match the original color until we upholster them.  I love the way the tan plays against the cockpit greys.  If planned, it was a genius move by the original designers.

I came home to this waiting for me by the front door!  These are the swing-away arms for the seats.  Daniel and I will be welding a mount/bracket

I then chatted with Scott (our newest member) who was able to get his hands on a mini CRT.  This will be used for the nav screen for the new upcoming console!


More to come this weekend.  Stand By!