Fastest UPDATE EVER!
I had several other projects going on yesterday and I was only able to sand, prime and add more filler to the nose panel boxes
But Daniel did get this guy printed! I can’t wait to show you this!
I have a very busy morning but should have some updates this afternoon/weekend!
Simpler Early Morning Update…
Jessie cut the lower profile nose panel boxes
Side by Side Comparo – still need to grab a few greeblies from the auto parts store (the lower profile box looks much better)
Adhered the base plate for the nose panel boxes
Practice acrylic “donuts” that will go around ALL the LEDs. I really like how these finish off the look. MMMMMMM donuts
Def hides any and all imperfections
Something that I have been meaning to get around to but originally never saw – pin striping around the vertical gauges
The rest of the panels are coming in from the garage to be cleaned up and prepped for LEDs – some might undergo yet “another” facelift to match ESB and not the “hybrid” we originally decided on! The LED heavy panels have already been finished so the others wont take too long…
Stay Tuned for More – this is going to be a fun weekend – FINGERS CROSSED / Weather permitting as always!
With the laser cutter back in action Jessie jumped to action and cut what appears to be last of the greeblies – for now
One of two front nose panel boxes – this is a fairly complicated box. Once it’s painted I’m hoping it will blend in with the vent greeblie
With the boxes in place on the nose panel we realized the boxes were a bit too high. Jessie is going to back to laser cut some lower profile boxes
She laser cut these greeblies
We designed a new / larger greeblie
This guy is ready for primer
Filler added to one of the door panel greeblies – taking my time on these
Let’s Add Some PRIMER!
Stay Tuned! There is SO MUCH MORE TO DO!
Not much of an update. I got some very much needed sleep last night but I was able to knock out some sanding before calling it quits
After a few layers of putty
Still some areas that DEF need attention but lets get some primer added
Tonight… Back at it!
Simple Update… Many of the acrylic pieces that Jessie cut warped due to the high heat of the laser cutter – which is one of the many issues with the laser cutter. So, I pulled out the heat gun and did my best to get all the pieces flat.
Concentrating on the armrest greeblie
The greeblie slides into this base and acrylic surround.
With the “surround” pieces adhered I could use this as a “guide” to ensure the armrest greeblie would keep it’s basic shape
Once all the pieces were flat I adhered them together with acrylic cement and taped in place
Once the acrylic cement dried I covered with putty. I wound up covering a lot of the little details Jessie etched with the laser cutter… ugh
After sanding smooth I applied a second coat of putty. By tonight everything should be smooth and a first coat of primer should be applied
And that’s where we are!
An early morning update!
We’re getting closer and closer to having those back wall panels finished! And what a joy it is working with correctly sized predrilled holes! Thank you Scott for helping with the LEDs!
A few more panels are now ready for LEDs & greeblies
Greeblies have been primed, sanded and are ready for paint! We also a few that are being 3D printed as well – stay tuned for that!
Getting their first layer of black
This guy still has a few steps to go before paint
After the black dried it was time for silver – the finishing touch!
How do they look in place?
I have NO IDEA what this thing is?
After looking through a high rez image of the cockpit, I realized that some of the greeblies had these odd looking thumb screw / bolts attached to them. Remembering that I had a box filled with something similar…
I went ahead and attached – I think they look awesome!
More to Follow!
Lots of forward progress. Despite being a rainy weekend I’ve been able to get some primer on all these greeblies! Next is paint! And we’re getting closer to adhering the 1″ tiles and getting the LEDs back in place.
Before the laser cutter went belly up Jessie was able to cut the guide I created for the “radar” pin striping
The arrow pointing away from center
A few more pin stripes are she’s ready!
Moving on to greeblies! Time to start putting everything together and get some primer added!
This guy required some sanding and trimming in between primer/paint
Armrest greeblie base
Sanded and trimmed
Getting some black paint added
So how does it all fit together?
Stay Tuned! LOTS to FOLLOW!
Updates but also some setbacks! UGH… Jessie spent several hours at the lab cutting an incredible amount of new greeblies only to discover that the laser cutter was erroring out and making horribly bad cuts! Virtually everything had to be tossed. We have to wait for the cutter to be fixed before getting anything else done. BUT…
She did manage to cut these little guys before all the errors – these go on the nose panel greeblie just in front of the LEDs
Finished up this panel
Finished up the sister panel
Note the chrome pin stripe!
After todays renovating I’m going to jump on the greeblies I do have and start populating that panel… along with some LEDs and 1″ tiles!