The Geek Media Expo 2014 and Episode VII?

Hi Gang,

Our first photos of the cockpit put together after ALL the hard work the team has put into these last few months!  We stood back and got a chill!  Thank you to Jessie, Daniel, Jake and Scott for ALL their hard work, long nights and ongoing enthusiasm for this project!

Jessie and I arrived early Friday morning to set up… After all the work, I had no idea if the cockpit was even going to fit back together!  Not sure why the images are coming in sideways… Sorry

Once we got the FINAL bolt into place… Colin popped in and set up his speeder bike replica – AWESOME!

We then turned our attention back to the entire reason why we were there…  Enjoy!

The biggest thrill came when Greg Grunberg popped in to say hello.  Many of you might know him from the TV Show Heroes.  He also wrapped up filming his part in the upcoming movie – Star Wars Episode VII!  It was an AMAZING experience!  He was VERY complimentary of our work!  Such a great guy!  Thank You So Much, Mr. Grunberg!!!

A last minute update… Daniel decided to give a little life to the radar scope!

What an AMAZING WEEKEND!  We’re all still flying high!  This was our best show yet!

More to Come!

UPDATES and Prepping for GMX!

Hi Gang, The latest round of updates are here!  We had a MAJOR push to get ready for this years GMX show in Franklin, TN.  It was a 2 week push with VERY little sleep.

More to Follow!


Hi Gang,

Lots of good stuff happening!  A new console is taking shape, lots of greeblies, and other various happenings as we prep for GMX and NerdCon – 2 shows on the same weekend!

Work continued on the new center console!  Starkiller, Maruska and Philip did an AWSOME JOB!  Philip’s magic on the CNC created nothing less than amazing piece of artwork!  I hope I don’t mess it up!

Work continued on the console…

We then changed focus and started working LOTS of greeblies and finishing up panels!  All of the greeblies below are for the nose panels… whew…  A HUGE THANK YOU to Jessie for all her help converting and cutting these files!

I then repinstriped the nose panels!

Scott then got to work on wiring and adding the bump-ons to the new button panels – AWESOME!

As a result… LOVE IT!  These are temp backlit.  We should have ALL the LEDs installed, connected and working by Celebration

It was then time switch gears yet again and focus on a panel that had been sitting off to the side for FAR too long… the slider and vertical gauge panel!  This is probably the most complex and most difficult of all the panels because we want to make both the sliders and gauges work!  More to come on that later…

More panels getting worked on to include the original console and platforms!

More to Come!  We have two weekends before GMX and NerdCon – should be VERY interesting and fun!


Hi Gang,

A little bit of acrylic… a little of MDF… and a whole lot of awesome

Based on both Starkiller’s and Maruska’s 3D model of the center console, Philip got these 3D files converted and CNC ready!  Within 6 hours after the cuts were made, we built a brand NEW center console!  This console will be built, painted and detailed within 30 days for an upcoming show!  We have our work cut out for us!

Lots More to Follow so Stay Tuned!

Moving Forward!

Hi Gang,

Lots of forward movement over the last few weeks!  ENJOY!

Now that most of the pin stripes are in place and the button panels are set I could FINALLY begin putting everything back together to prep for the GMX show and then daunting task of lighting everything!


I used a temp back light to help align all the new and recently cut 1″ tiles!  I can really see everything beginning to come together – but wait… it gets better!

Then I moved on to these panels!  WOW… WHAT A DIFFERENCE these little greeblies make!

More greeblies, tiles and button panel puzzle pieces

I was in the grove!

And then finally…

WHEW!!!  Still lot more to come so stay tuned!

New Updates! Its About Time, Right?

Hi Gang,

A flurry of activity… Enjoy!

As most of you know all the darker panels are getting a MASSIVE makeover,  We’ve stripped all the greeblies, pinstripes and glass tiles to receive the new black paint, pin stripes, etc…  After some sanding, filling, sanding, filling, painting, sanding, drilling ALL the holes for the new 1″ blue, white and yellow tiles (which will be backlit) the panels are looking awesome!

Now we can get to the fun part!  This panel, right behind Chewie, has received A LOT of attention.  I’m really happy with how this turned out!

And now the nose panels.  Very simple in it’s design, the pin striping was much easier than the previous ANH version.  BUT… the ESB version had many greeblies attached… so there’s the trade off.  : )

Now we can start to mount all the greeblies.  The two top horizontal panels were identical in ANH.  For ESB, they heavily modified the panel on Han’s side.  It’s loaded with greeblies and very few LEDs (the lighting guys are happy about that)

This weekend consisted of everything from new vertical extension panels, to greeblies, to arcade cabinets to button panels and everything in between!  Enjoy!

It’s been an awesome coupe of weeks and they best part is our sound and lighting crew back and they are really excited to get started.  The next few weeks are going to be fast paced – we hope!  Lots of little surprises coming so STAY TUNED!


Hi Gang,

Here is another barrage of updates for you to enjoy!

This panel underwent some MAJOR changes for ESB.  I played with different configurations and finally nailed it down!

I then laser the last of the LED housing and a few rocker spacers

Setting up the new greeblie

Final greeblie position for this panel

Finishing up the pinstripes and prepping for a few coats clear satin!

More to Follow so Stay Tuned!

Leaked EP VII Cockpit Photos

Hi Gang,

New images of the Millennium Falcon Cockpit from EP VII just hit the net!  ENJOY!  I know I did…