3D Animator from Baltimore offering Help

Build Status Forums General Introduce Yourself 3D Animator from Baltimore offering Help

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Rob Holmes Rob Holmes 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rob Holmes
    Participant

Hello All,

I saw a story about this site on BBC World America and was fascinated. I’ve been fascinated with space and sci-fi since I  followed the Apollo 11 mission with my 4-foot tall scale model of the Saturn V rocket that I built when I was 10. I love Star Wars, pretty much any space show and Blade Runner is my favorite movie.

I’ve had a 3D Animation and Visualization company for 17 years now and would like to help out in any way you need if you’d like some 3D modeling assistance. I see you’ve already done a lot. I’m known for my photo-realistic work so if that’s something you could use let me know. I also am an Industrial Designer by degree so if there is any need for ideation and development, I’d be  glad to assist there also.

Bottom line, what a fascinating project. I hope there’s a way I can help you realize this very ambitions dream.

Regards,

Rob Holmes / NVision4D.com

Greg Dietrich

Hi Rob,

Welcome aboard!  Thanks for taking the time to register.  How ironic, I live just a few miles from the real Saturn V rocket here in Huntsville.  I see it everyday.  Also, my grandfather was a program manager on the second stage boosters and worked very closely with Van Braun!  I guess I’m kinda carrying the torch?  lol

I was JUST chatting with Chris Lee and we were discussing the idea of building a 1/12th scale reference model.  This would be something that would match the actual build in every way.  Building panels, guns and cockpits is cool but without a place to put anything… We have no idea what the actual frame will look like.  Is this something you can help with?  We would appreciate your input and ideas.  : )

Again, welcome abaord and we look forward to hearing from you!

Rob Holmes
    Participant

Pretty cool Greg. I’d like to stand next to that puppy. Pretty neat that your family was involved.

Yea, I’d like to help any way I can. I assume you mean a practical model at 1/12th scale as there is no reason to do a scale model in 3D. You just do it at full scale. I don’t have access to a good shop like I used to so I’m not optimally set up to do model building. I have done a lot of it but the tools I have now are a bit limiting. However, I do want to build a 1/16 scale model of my boat and have been planning to get set up to do that. I have a rare sailboat and have always liked nice boat models but I’ll never find one of my boat so I need to build it myself. Since I’m planning to start that project I could certainly add in some Falcon modeling.

Just let me know specifically what you are in need of and I’ll let you know what I can take on.

Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.