Escape Pods

Build Status Forums General General Discussion Escape Pods

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Greg Dietrich Greg Dietrich 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Greg Dietrich
    Greg Dietrich

Hey C,

Have you given any thought to include an area that holds the escape pods?  I think that would be a great feature – and fun to build!  Maybe opposite the loading ramp?

Profile photo of Chris Lee
    Chris Lee
    Keymaster

Great idea! Is there any good reference for them?

Greg Dietrich

The only reference to the escape pods I’ve seen were shown on the multicolored blueprint (I think by Chris Trevas). They were round, small, and similar to the pods from 2001 ASO. They were simple circular pods tucked into the “pod bay” opposite the loading ramp. I’m sure we could come up with something. They did reference them being jettisoned after take off… : )

What do you think about getting the community to submit ideas? : ) Great way to get them involved.

Profile photo of Scot Allison
    Scot Allison
    Participant

Think I just saw the drawings with the escape pods you mentioned

http://deckplans.00sf.com/Old_Ships/Old_Gallery.html

There are several drawings of the Falcon (as well as other RPG YT 1300 derrivatives) and a sequence of pictures for escape pod system and procedures which are integrated with the port side docking ring

Scot

Greg Dietrich

I’ve seen those images of the pods but I hadn’t seen any of the other plans – pretty cool!  The jury is still out on whether to even create the pods.  I personally think we should just let our imaginations go wild and have fun with it…  But it’s not up to me…  lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.