funding

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Chris Lee Chris Lee 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vampyre
    Participant

Chris, where are you all on funding ideas. Corporate sponsors or on line funding sites might be an idea. Send me a pm and we can talk about some stuff.

Chris Lee
    Keymaster

Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately, public solicitation of funds is not an option. We value our relationship with Lucasfilm, and they have made it clear that this must be a fan effort. So, Kickstarter and the like are off the table. But I certainly am open to discussing other creative approaches.

Ryan
    Participant

I saw in the youtube video compare it to Field of Dreams. I was just there last summer and was talking to the people who run it and said they have been close to shutting it down due to royalties. If this is a fan based project are there royalties fees?

Are you documenting the process besides the blog? I imagine selling DVDs of the process would be profitable.  Is it possible for fans like myself who live far away to fund certain parts of the Millenium Falcon? Cockpit, cargo bay, etc..

Chris Lee
    Keymaster

Ryan,

We are still working out the legal and business structure for the project. It’s looking like we may go the route of non-profit, such as 501C3 or similar. We want to make as much of the process participatory and open-source as possible.

We can have a private conversation concerning the funding of individual parts.

Chris Lee
    Keymaster

I’m close to having the manifesto ready for release, concerning the open source software we want to create in order to manage the project.

Chris Lee
    Keymaster

Good news coming soon on the software side of the project. Stay tuned.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.