Hallway lights: Coughtrie SW fixtures

Build Status Forums Interior Subassemblies Electrical and Lighting (Interior) Hallway lights: Coughtrie SW fixtures

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Greg Dietrich Greg Dietrich 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris Lee
    Chris Lee
    Keymaster

The hallway lights have been identified as parts of Coughtrie SW lamp fixtures.

We need to obtain at least one of these so we can create a silicone mold and cast resin copies.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Chris Lee
    Chris Lee
    Keymaster

Spares for this item are still available from the manufacturer:

http://www.coughtrie.com/spares?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_spares.tpl&product_id=34&category_id=93

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of camross
    camross
    Participant

Hey Chris –

I got one on the way to me!!  I contacted an electrician friend in Bermuda, and he had one in his stock and is shipping it to me.  Once I get it – I’ll let you know and we can get it into the hands of someone who has better casting skills than I.

Profile photo of camross
    camross
    Participant

I have this item in hand now.  I will take a cast of it myself and will work on the surrounding light rings to fit properly.  Then I can send it down to someone who has good casting skills to make many copies. Do we have a total count?  I make it out to be 12 or 16… but I don’t know if I am double counting some or missing others…

Profile photo of Greg Dietrich
    Greg Dietrich

Hi Camross,

The total number of those parts, I believe , is in the 30-40 range, if not more.  Not only do they line the hallway leading the cockpit, but if the plan is to make the interior go all the way around (full circle) then those parts will more than likely be used for those areas as well…  I’m not sure if they were on “both” side of the hallways though.

The ship of riddles gets more interesting everyday!

Greg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.