Pads

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Lee Chris Lee 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris Lee
    Chris Lee
    Keymaster

The hallway rings each have 19 small pads. For each ring, there is one pad directly overhead, with 9 pads down each side of the inside of the ring. Our current 3D models show 24 rings, so that means 456 of these pads will need to be fabricated.

Then there are the much larger hallway wall pads, and the smaller corner and gunner tube pads.

Chris Lee
    Keymaster

Example:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Matt Pfingsten
    Matt Pfingsten
    Participant

Can they be rigid? Do you have dimensions?

I’ve been using expanding urethane foam from smooth-on for my Wookiee underskulls. It captures excellent detail and is pretty strong and light. Once my current Wookiee projects are done (spring or summer 2013) I can jump on these.

From the looks of it, the ring pads will need 3 different masters: 1 for the small pads, one for the medium sized pads in between the two small rings, and a third long bad for the longer sections of the tubing.

Straight pads on the cockpit and gunwell cooridors.

Is each corridor section straight?

Profile photo of Greg Dietrich
    Greg Dietrich

Is the urethane strong enough to withstand bumps and people scraping against them?  I think a little flexibility would be great and any bump/scrape would lend to that “used” beat up look.

Chris Lee
    Keymaster

I think the only pads in danger of being bumped or scraped are the ones near the bottom of each ring.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.